We pride ourselves on great customer service– so whether you’re traveling alone, with your family, or planning a large group outing, consider a visit to Stearns, KY! We have many group rate options available, so please get in touch today!
Welcome to the online home of the Big South Fork Scenic Railway, in beautiful Stearns, Kentucky! We operate on seven miles of historic trackage once owned by the famed K&T Railway. Enjoy wide open vistas, roaring rivers, and the history and charm of Appalachia, as we transport you back in time to our halfway point- the Blue Heron Mining Camp, an interpretive center operated by the National Park Service.
Prices shown below may include online transaction fees. Please be sure to read our complete policies concerning ticket reservations and sales.
- Individual advance ticket purchases are accepted by phone not later than 6 p.m. EST prior to date of departure.
- Ticket purchases via website must be purchased no later than 8 a.m. EST, on the date of departure.
- Tickets may be purchased the day of ride at the Ticket Booth depending on availability.
- Payment is due in full upon purchase.
- Additional fees may apply.
- Visa or MasterCard is accepted.
- All ticket sales are final. There are no cancellations for advance ticket purchases.
Groups Of 20 Or More
- Advance reservations must be made for groups of 20 or more.
- 20% deposit is required the day reservation is placed. Final count and remaining balance is due two weeks prior to event. No refunds available for “over booking”.
- Cancellations within 14 days prior to event are subject to loss of deposit.
- Please call 1-800-462-5664 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Eastern Time Zone, or send an email to our Group Sales Dept.